I experienced that many guys are search the training fee of SQL server DBA, so I like to give a note on the DBA training fee which may applicable in Mumbai and other city in India.
The training institutions charges the fee as per there course module. And some time it’s varying institute to institute. Here I’m giving approximate fee on the basis of courses and training facility of institution.
On the Base of Microsoft certification:
If any one looking for SQL server certification’s training fee, it will be Rs. 7000 to 12000 for only one exam module, i.e. exam 70-432, exam 70-450, which is mostly excluding exam fee. The exam fee mostly charged Rs. 2250 to Rs.2500 extra.
On the Base of Institute’s certification:
Some time training institute provides a certificate of completion of SQL Server DBA course or after exam held by institution. That is all up to institution may charges Rs. 10000 to 25000 depends upon the course material deleing by them and facility provided.
Note: This is recommended to candidate that he/she must ask clearly about all aspect of training like fee includes study material or other facility or not, and qualified trainer is available or not etc. The above detail is only my opinion reader please use there transparency while select training institution.
DBA certification on SQL server in Mumbai:
I like to teach SQL server 2008(DBA) Certification Exam 70-432, after passing this single exam you will tagged as MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist). Which is I have passed with an 83%. I offer private tuition for interested students/ professionals with a competitive fee in industry.
The training institutions ask a sound fee but most of them unable to deliver the knowledge and expertise for passing the exam and also to work with technology.
I am having approx 10 years of professional experience in IT field, see about me and my certifications
If any one interested to be an SQL server DBA, at there time and place (any where in Mumbai Only), just contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Cell no. +91 9619492911(Ali)
Congratulation: 1st of all congratulation to achieve the certification, now you are a MCTS/ MCP. You will get your MCP Access ID and code after next 3 to 7 working days, if still waiting for your MCP Access ID and code, contact to Microsoft Customer regional service centre.
(If you still looking to take the exam 70-432 visit my previous post: https://mumbaisqldba.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/preparation-of-exam-70-432/ )
For Mumbai Region: 1 800 11 1100 (toll-free number BSNL), 1 800 102 1100 (toll-free number Airtel)
Others can Visit the following link http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help/service-asia-pacific.aspx#tab2
After Obtaining the MCP ID and Access code you can login to (You must hotmail ID)
• And here you can make an order of your hard copy certificate or download soft copy free.
• You can design your certification log and also can download fro free.
• You may plan for further certification.
• See the link for more benefit detail. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-program-membership.aspx
Many time, new comers into MS SQL Server field (including me, When I was new in this field) rich at the Point that, what to select for future DBA or DEV?
Here I am trying describing the Roles and other benefits of the DBA and DEV Professional as following.
On the Basis of JOB ROLE:
A SQL DEV. must have knowledge to write complex query and stored procedure. In the case of DBA writing simple query is ok.
- A SQL server DBA must be a master of High availability, High Performance and responsible for keep Database server out of Risk. Where developers are responsible writing code in a manner that consume less time and effort of hardware of server.
- Where the Developers can develop there won SPs and Functions and can develop high-end solution as per their ability. The DBAs are depending upon the pre developed SPs or tools.
- Mostly DBA’s job involves the shift work (night also). Mostly DEV’s job does not need to work in night shift. (Depends upon the Type of company)
- A DEV’s mistake may not effect more than a mistake of DBA, so a DBA having more sensitive responsibility than DEVs.
Note: Some time a DBA can write the complex query, SPs and High-end solution. And some time a DEV can manage the high availability and performance problem of SQL Database server, in this case the Personnel doing so is a DBA cum DEV or a DEV cum DBA.
On the Basis of Pay scale:
The pay scale is always depends upon the personnel’s ability. Many people said that a developer earns more than a DBA, but this is the time where may opportunities are open for the DBAs with high Pay scale.
On the Basis Job Offers:
- There is more opening for the DEV s in comparison of DBAs. But now in modern technological age the more positions are opening for the DBA also.
- Getting a job of Dev is easier than getting a job as DBA, because no one likes to entertain you with his Production Database, if you are fresher.
I have just passed the Microsoft’s MCTS exam no. 70-432 (TS: Microsoft SQL server 2008, implementation and Maintenance) with 833 score out of 1000 within 25 minutes. So I just like to guide them, how to prepare for Exam 70-432, who need it?
My recommendations are as following:
1. First of all you need complete the 40 Hrs class room training (for not working as DBA) as per course ware.
2. Read the training kit’s book (TS: Microsoft SQL server 2008, implementation and Maintenance) deeply.
3. And solve the practice question into CD provided with the book chapter wise.
4. Don’t forget to do the suggested practice into book.
5. Keep in mind the EXAM TIPS into the Book.
6. Attend the CD’s Practice Exam mode 3 or 4 time (Without Cheating)
7. Revise the weaker are of study, suggested by the practice result.
8. Attend again CD’s Practice Exam mode until you score passing score 2 or three time.
9. And register with prometric cnter (www.prometric.com/Microsoft)
10. And attend the exam confidentaly
Note: there is no shortcut for long time success.
Republic day 2011
When I face the interview for the post of Jr. SQL server DBA, I was asked the following questions.
Q.1. What are system databases into SQL server (2005/2008)
Ans. TEMPDB, MSDEB, MASTER, MSDB, mssqlsystemresource,
Q.2. What stored by the TEMPDB ?
Ans. Row versions, cursor, temp objects.
Q.3. What Stored by the MODEL?
Ans. Templates of new database objects, like tables and column.
Q.4. What Stored by the MASTER?
Ans. Server’s configurations and logins.
Q.5. What Stored by the MSDB?
Ans. Scheduled jobs, Backup/Restore and DTA information.
Q.6. Can we Perform Backup Restore operation on TEMPDB?
Q.7. What is stored in the mssqlsystemresource database?
Ans. Definition of sys objects, which logically shows into all database and DMVs.
Q.8. Where the SQL Logs gets stored?
Ans. It’s stored into root folder SQL server, LOG folder.
Q.9. What do you mean by Ded lock and Live lock in SQL server?
Q.10. What Backup strategy you will keep for one TB (Tera Bite) database for minimal data lose.
Q.11. What is the DAC connection?
Q.12. What is a Linked Server?
Ans. Linked Servers is a concept in SQL Server by which we can add other SQL Server to a Group and query both the SQL Server databases using T-SQL Statements.
Q.13. What are the Joins in SQL server?
Ans. Inner Join, Outer (Left Outer & Right Outer) Joins and Cross join.
Q.14. Describe the Left Outer Join & Right Outer Join.
Ans. Left Outer join Retrieves the all records from LEFT table and matching from the RIGHT table, and null values where is no match.
Right Outer Join just opposite.
Q.15. How to find the Version of SQL server?
Ans. Select @@version
Q.16. How to find the Service pack installed?
Ans. Ans. Select @@version Or select serverproperty (‘productlevel’)
Q.17. What are the Deference between Primary Key and Unique Key?
Ans. An unique key cant not be referenced as foreign key. And it may allow on null.
Q.18. What is mean by Clustered Index and Non clustered index, give syntax of creation?
Ans. create clustered index index_name on empmst(card)
Q.19. What is Scan Table/View and Seek Table/View When its Occurs?
Ans. A Table/view SCAN occurs when no useful indexes exist. A TABLE SCAN reads all data, row by row, to find the match.
Q.20. What is Scan Index and Seek index. When its Occurs?
Q.21. What is SQL Profiler. What are the default templates with it?
Ans. SQL Server Profiler is a graphical user interface to SQL Trace for monitoring an instance of the Database Engine or Analysis Services. You can capture and save data about each event to a file or table to analyze later.
Q.22. What are the DMVs?
Ans. Dynamic Management Views (DMV) return server state information that can be used to monitor the health of a server instance, diagnose problems, and tune performance.
Q.23. What is the syntax to execute the sys.dm_db_missing_index_details?
Ans. Select * from sys.dm_db_missing_index_details
Q.24. How to Change the SQL server Authentication mode.
Q.25. What is the New in SQL server 2008.
Ans. File stream data type, Activity Monitor, Resource governor, data compression, compressed backup